Baking is a passion of mine. Flour, eggs, butter, and sugar are my passports to yum. I have a sweet tooth that will not go away. It is very relaxing to go in the kitchen, turn on my mixer and create baked goodness. As I have gotten older, the need to focus on quality and not quantity in my food consumption has become more and more important. If I am going to take on additional calories, it needs to taste good.
Bringing in the new year, I decided to not waste time on fast food, and have my sweet treats be items I personally baked. Mediocre package cookies will not be tolerated! Uninspired brownies will not know these lips. Lackluster cakes will not enter my household. Pedestrian confections will not receive entree into my mouth! And I find this will give me more opportunity to share some of my favorite recipes with you. Today’s recipe is FUDGE!
18 0z Milk Chocolate Chips
3/4 Cup Butter
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Tablespoon Flour
1 Tablespoon Brandy
2 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- Heat oven 3oo degrees and grease bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2 pan with shortening
- Heat chocolate and butter in sauce pan over low heat, stir occasionally
- Beat eggs and sugar in mixer for seven minutes. Add flour, brandy, and vanilla; stir until mixed well
- Fold in chocolate into mixer
- Pour mixture into baking pan
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool and refrigerate for 3 hours
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into one inch squares